The Herald Women’s Premier League awards evening was New Lambton-focused, as the club swept a number of the end-of-year plaudits at The Jennings Medal ceremony at Wests New Lambton.
Among the highest honours at the club was Player of the Year, which went to Newcastle Jets veteran Tara Andrews, who is preparing to re-join the W-League club for the 2018/19 season.
In the WPL Andrews shone for New Lambton, netting 17 goals in just 16 appearances as she continued to improve her play in the regional league.
She was joined on stage by her coach Keelan Hamilton, who was named coach of the year, as well as representatives from the club as they received the Club of the Year award.
Merewether United goalkeeper Alison Logue was awarded the Goalkeeper of the Year while Jenna Kinglsey from Warners Bay FC was honoured for winning the Golden Boot Award having scored 26 goals across the regular season. Kingsley will also be playing with the Jets in the 2018/19 season.
Women’s Premier League honours
- Leading Goal Scorer: Jenna Kingsley (Warners Bay FC) with 26 goals
- Club Championship: Warners Bay FC
- Club of the Year: New Lambton FC
- Goal Keeper of the Year: Alison Logue (Merewether United FC)
- Coach of the Year:Keelan Hamilton (New Lambton FC)
- Player of the Year: Tara Andrews (New Lambton FC)