It’s been four years since Adamstown last claimed silverware in female competitions, but the Rosebuds have snapped that streak with a 3-0 victory over Wallsend in the Women’s State Cup grand final.

It was Annika D’Amico that broke the early deadlock in the title-decider at Speers Point on Sunday, latching onto a corner cross to give the Rosebuds a one goal lead, before Georgia Little nearly slotted home the goal of the tournament with a bicycle kick.

It took a spectacular save from Natalie Wiseman to keep the deficit to just one goal at the half-time break, but Adamstown surged out of the sheds early to double their lead with a tap-in from Callie Thomas.

The Rosebuds sealed the deal – and broke their four year trophy drought – with a third from Olivia Trinka, after she slotted home a cross from Lauren Allen.

“The girls were just so excited,” Rosebud coach Paul Devitis said. “After so many games I was so pleased with how well they played on the last day.”

Earlier on day three of the carnival Adamstown won their semi-final 2-0 over South Wallsend, who they face again on July 29 in what shapes as a clash that will decide which team makes the regular-season top-four.

In the other semi-final clash, Wallsend downed Football Mid North Coast to earn their spot in the grand final, with a seventh minute goal from Sophie Milton getting the Red Devils off to a flying start.

They capitalised on the lead soon after with a free-kick from Libby Copus-Brown finding the back of the net.

Wallsend FC opened the scoring in the 7th minute with a classy finish to TAFE NSW Player of the Match winner, Sophie Milton, followed shortly by a free kick from TAFE NSW Player of the Series winner, Libby Copus-Brown.

Copus-Brown was awarded the Player of the Series at the end of the tournament, while teammate Milton was named Player of the Match in the club’s semi-final victory.

Maggie Quinn was honoured as the other semi-final’s Player of the Match, after an impressive outing against WPL club South Wallsend.